Monday, June 11, 2012

My Personal Pinup


Mr. Owens sleeping on the couch- posed naturally in the best of pin-up styles.  I couldn't resist a picture- and even though it is dark because I didn't want the flash to wake him up, I love it.  On the blog it goes!  He has been sleeping on the couch lots lately- both out of consideration for not waking me up when he is on-call, and because it is easier on his back/knees/everything that hurts.  Which means that I sprawl out all over the queen sized bed, electric blanket happily on high, quilts and pillows piled all around and the cat on top of it all.  Just like Mother, I can't stand to be cold when I am sleeping and require a nest of warm/softness.  This of course cooks the manz, and reminds me of long ago when Grendel first slept in an electric blanket at Mother's house in Pennsylvania- he was little at the time, and woke up dreaming that he was swimming in a crock-pot... funny, funny.

I'm excited this morning- the last days of wrapping up at school (no students! I can get so much done without those pesky beloved students!), the first day of my virtual class (which I should be working on now, but one of my summer resolutions is- me first!  And in the morning that means time to read the news, drink my coffee, share a banana with Bear- bearnanas we call them now-, write, surf and do whatever I please for an hour or so...then time to work).  I am planning ahead for Texas- last night we watched a show on roadside attractions, and are both excited to hopefully find some interesting things on our trip.  That is the only issue with interstates- while fast and efficient, they are kinda boring after a dozen or so trips along the same route.  I still prefer to drive though, and search out wonders on the way- a few of the things on the show I have been lucky enough to have seen.  The shoe-house in York, Pa, the Mitchell Corn Palace... others not mentioned: South of the Border (of course), Jackrabbit Trading Post, Wall Drug Store, the Dinosaur land in Virginia, The Ship on the Mountain (long gone now~) others... I love the wacky stuff.  With luck, we might even be able to find one of the old motels for the first night on the road....you never know. Any way, we are open to adventure, and I am busy thinking about things to pack, places to go, what to bring along.  I love traveling, and it has been 2 years since we have been to Texas.  Can't wait, can't wait!


No comments: