Monday, June 18, 2012

Sunday at the Farm



Sunday at the farm for Father's day~ we all went out there for dinner and a break.  I love going to the farm, everyone sits around and tells stories, then they make fun of me for not knowing how to use the water dispenser on the fridge (True!  I am so 'special' in the kitchen. All my kitchen-based lady skills are gone!), then we walk around the garden.  I take photos of everything- right now is in-between time, lilies are over but those still out are beautiful.  Cream, pink, orange, lemon, deep burgundy, and the bright yellow-orange cannas.  The figs aren't quite ripe, and the grapes are still hard and small, but the blueberries are on the bushes and the corn is taller than I am.  We come home with bags filled with peppers and cucumbers, plums- and, for the manz, candy and sweets.  Cheesecake, chocolate, all of the things I love so dear and can't stay away from (guess who had cheesecake for breakfast even though I once again swore that I was going to 'eat healthy'.  But I am swayed by the fact that it is the first day of vacation-vacation, I woke up late anyway, and when do I *ever* get to have cheesecake for breakfast?)

We are off to Texas now- it is much later a start that I usually favor- we probably won't leave until 8- but I over slept, have to get some school stuff done and all the directions printed off for Grendel. (Even though he knows where everything is, and how to take care of stuff....I'm still a mum).  Charles is sleeping still, which is good because he was so tired last night from being on call and running around at all hours all weekend- his vacation is a week without interrupting phone calls.   And we will have great adventures in an easy manner- there is no time frame so lets just relax and take it as it goes.

The blog may or may not be updated this week- I have good intentions but sometimes they don't happen- but that's ok.   Blogs are for reflecting and I am going to be busy doing- but I promise lots of photos and stories when I get back from our trip.  Happy Travel!

No comments: