Monday, September 7, 2009

2 much homework!


I have too much homework- or is it that I procrastinate like a pro? I think it is the later, because instead of stretching it out, I put it off, worry about it, then get it all done in a marathon day. Which is hard on the man... I'm just a lump in my chair with Evie all day.... none of the domestic goddess I was yesterday.
But the payoff is worthwhile- we had a fantastic weekend. Went to yard sales on Saturday- scored a set of 4 pink Samsonite hard suitcases from the 60's for next to nothing- then to Walmart. Yesterday I went on a domestic binge of laundry, baking/cooking and even a smattering of cleaning. Today I woke up. Watched a movie, and Larry the Cable Guy. Took a nap. Made an image in photoshop. Talked about taking a nap. Ate a cookie (kissed the diet goodbye this weekend) The man made me coffee, we ordered pizza and I cranked out almost all of my first unit assignments for the virtual reality class. Meanwhile, Grendel is meandering around getting stuff together for go-back-to-SCAD tomorrow. I am the mother of a procrastinator too... Charles calls us 'butterflies'. Instead of finishing one thing, we flit over to something else, then come back... for example, he asked Grendel to do the dishes- Grendel said ok, but took a shower....this made perfect sense to me because: dishes + water + soap =clean= soap+ water + boy= clean therefore clean boy = clean dishes. And after the shower, the dishes were clean. So it works, in our weird butterfly logical way.
But now it's almost 9- that is bedtime in these parts- I'm fighting the urge for blueberry delight (and losing), and still not feeling ready for school tomorrow. If only I had a clone or two or so.... but tis ok, cause I would hate to have to share blueberry delight with myself!
PS- my grades are really fine, I work hard to keep them that way!

No comments: