Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gold Star!!


Finally have my 'gold star'! Teacher of the year, 09-10. awesome. Actually, I was runner up, but Meg left for school at Chapel Hill, so I became queen. I get a parking place and the gold star, which is fairly sweet. Impressively shiny.
So, a ketchup on this past weekend- Saturday we went about in the morning, then homework, then auction. Auction swag included a bunch of big wooden storage boxes, art supplies, a quilt (dinner plate- bad shape but a freebie), a nice old dresser to be refinished, a velvet clown painting (another freebie- the kids at school love it) and the worlds biggest table. Seriously, it takes up a good hunk of kitchen *without* the leaf- it easily sits 8, *without* the leaf. With the leaf, I could sit a hord. But it is beautiful, heavy real wood with inlaid legs and cost all of 5 bucks. WooHoo! Manz had to stay and unload the Hillsville truck- we didn't get home to midnight...
Sunday went to Raleigh to the gourd festival (I bought guess what? gourds!) and to take a kabillion pictures of fleamarket stuff for school. Only thing I came home with other than gourds was an arm and a hand.... when I was walking around this arm was sticking out of the maggiehopey bag, people kept laughing and I told them it was my 'handbag'!
Yesterday was school, and my 'gold star' at the BOE meeting (which was full of angry tan tennis players- retirees that play on the Topsail court... ) This morning I am starting out with coffee and man-made eggs with cheesy grits. Full belly to start the day off right... I love breakfast time, and sitting on the porch drinking coffee and talking- the teacup tree is starting to turn red, and you can see the teacups again. Lovely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teacher of the YEAR!!! You Go Girl! You are the most awesomest person I know, LS!! Big table..sounds like Turkey day at your house. Love you, BS