Thursday, September 24, 2009

Breakfast Blog!!


mmmmMMMMMmmm breakfast! I love it when the manz makes breakfast- and that happens quite often. This morning was scrambled eggs with cheese, potatoes cooked with garlic and onion- just spicy enough. Keeps me full and happy all morning, no sugar cravings (of course, this morning did start with oatmeal cookie snuck before he got up...but that was the last of them, and I blame it all on hormones!)
Seriously, for such a long time- years- all I usually ate for breakfast was plain oatmeal or yogurt with bran. I like those things, and still eat them off and on- but the occasional breakfast treat is amazing. And leftovers for lunch today- I'm living like a queen!
)ddly enough, the little bit of weight I lost is staying off- I wouldn't think it would with all this goodness (cheese, butter, eggs....) but it does. I think because I'm eating mostly protien and vegetables/fruits and not so much bread, and because I am eating that I stay happy longer and am more snack-resistant. If I don't see it or smell it I can usually avoid it, and I'm fairly good about staying out of man-snacks (though he shares)...but somethings (oatmeal cookies) I have NO resistance to. So in self-defense, I am going to share the oatmeal cookie recipie here:
1 box carrot cake mix
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
2/3 cup oatmeal
a bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger- I don't measure these, just sprinkle them
box-o-rasins (also good with crasins. or coconut. or all three....)
dry mix cake mix, oatmeal, sugar-n-spice
add oil and eggs
add rasins
mix.
oven 350 for 10 minutes. I use parchment paper on cookie trays, make the cookies big.
let sit until cool and firm, remove from paper and eat.
These cookies are nice and soft, stay moist a long time.... yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the receipe, now my man, will be wanting oatmeal cookies!!.....the special ingredient is love....bs