Thursday, September 24, 2009

Magic Fairy Shoes!



I have had these shoes forever- they are actually not shoes at all, but Granny Wrye's slippers. Metallic black and gold and silver, with pompom toppers- elegance in motion. I don't know why I kept them- they were 2 sizes big along with not exactly being my style, but kept them I did. For years and years. Then when we were cleaning out the cedar chest, I discovered them again.... decided that I would take them to school with visions of adding them to our costume closet for theatre.

In the morning kids like to hang out in the art room, and Neena spotted the shoes right off, zoomed in on them. OoooOOOoooooOOOOo so pretty! She took off her big sensible black shoes and replaced them with the fairy shoes, wore them proudly all day long. Everyone apparently loved them, and she promised to wear them, so I let her have them for keeps. Who'd a thought? Granny Wrye's slippers becoming the envied fashion of a 17 year old cool chicka. But they are-

That makes me happy, when things find a new home and a better life. I know it's odd to personify things like this- but I do, everything has it's own mana, mojo or whatever you call it, and sometimes things just wait around for the right place and time to begin to have active lives again. For some reason I find that comforting, that all of my stuff will someday get to the place it needs to go, and will be loved again.

No comments: