Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Later Galliator!



Well, the boy is launched for another year at SCAD. He spent all yesterday and most of last night with packing... came to school with me this morning and here he is sleeping in my office. Everyone thought he was a lump of clothes, which he basically was. Clothes that snore.

His dad came to pick him up- after a last minute trip-to-the-bank crisis (the bursar needed one more form...argh.) they took off. I promptly found Grendel's Id on my desk (school ID, bank card, state ID) where I had it when looking up stuff (to handle the bank crisis). His cell phone was battery dead, and I didn't have his dad's number....but lucky he had the sense to check his pockets and come back for the ID's. (and the bank papers which were sitting under the ID's. This one was my fault- I pick up things walk around with them and put them down wherever).

Of course I didn't sleep much last night, and now I am about brain dead, just getting this wrapped before I go home. I know that he is grown now, but I can't help worrying just the same- I'll always be his mum. But I know that he will be ok, that he will do well, and I promised him I wouldn't get married without him to give me away.... we got rather weepy at one point, can't help but be sentimental. Love you boy, wish you well.

No comments: