Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chick


This little yellow chick has been around since 'Easter 1970', an important part of Mum's spring decorations like the Bunny family and marble eggs. Over the years it lost the tip of it's beak, but it is dear all the same.
The bowl is one of my favorite things- it never goes into the cupboard but is displayed always. I fill it with this and that or leave it empty (it has an interesting design on the bottom). Right now it is filled with dried daffodils and blue hydrangea from last summer... the chick isn't normally in there- it is on the top shelf of the hutch- but it needed a nest and I love the way it looks together.
I'm feeling the need for spring again this morning- we are heading back into another cold-rainy spell for the rest of the week. I'm dreaming of a warm sunny day off where I can play in the yard- I'm like a kid with their nose on the window. I want to rake and clip and walk in the fields- I want to mow my grass then sit on the porch with a cold beer. (Ok, so I musta been a guy in another life... that is so guy-like. but beer and mowing go together...) The rain is good though because it makes me not want to skip work, and when I'm home it keeps me in with my homework. Nature's way of keeping me responsible.....

No comments: