Monday, March 9, 2009

My New Toy


Max is allergic to cats. Not just a little bit bothered by cats, but developed super ultra allergies that included: coughing and wheezing, constant sneezing when inside, icky sticky eyes, drippy nose. So he would try to chase Luna or play with Bear, but he would be a sneezing-barking-hacking mess of a Max. Off to the vet for all of the tests- and antibiotics, eye drops, cough medicine and benedryl. He could breathe but wasn't Max- he was asleep. And cranky. Even growled. (I don't think I have ever heard Max growl seriously before...not a growler). Angela took Luna back- her grandmother wanted luna so there is a good home- and Max improved a bit... back to the vet. Well, dogs are like humans and cat dander clings to everything, so vet says "DEEP CLEAN HOUSE" (in a voice of god voice.) It's a lovely weekend, and I felt like cleaning anyway, so not a problem.

I am merrily cleaning along, pull out the carpet cleaner and start in on my bedroom carpet. La, la, la windows open, singing along to Barley Juice, and there *might* of been a beer involved.... when I suddenly realize that the old carpet cleaner is just soaking everything, spreading it around and not sucking anything up. Bedroom carpet is now a wet nasty swamp that smells like dog. Ew. And the house already has floor issues- a soggy stinky carpet isn't going to help matters any.

Sigh. I suck it up, get out my ECU card (which has what little bit of 'emergency funds' I have on it...most of which has been absorbed by the vet) and head off to our local Small-mart. No dice. Have to go to Wilmington anyway, so I go to the hugemongous walmart and pick up this beauty- ON SALE! woohoo! And it's a full sized spinner-cleaner with an easy to use tank.... and under $100.00.....I happily check out with the luxury cleaner and a cart full of ramen-n-tuna (I actually like poor-people food...I'm addicted to ramen, especially the shrimp-n-lime)

House is clean now, and it feels great. Fresh air is improving it- this summer I am going to tackle the floors. Take a crowbar to the bathroom floor, rip me up some carpet. At this point, I don't really care what is under the carpet (unless it is mafia victims- ew. or buried treasure- yay!) but the carpet HAS GOT TO GO! I hate carpet, hate being a slave to it, have been cursed with having it in almost every house I've ever lived in, and must of been insane to buy a house with carpet+ doggs+ floor issues. Though I didn't know about floor issues at the time...

No comments: