Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Exhausted, muddy


covered in scratches, big old bruise, and a few cockle burrs. That's me. Max, however, feels just fine. He got to run around for 2 HOURS, adventure under the neighbors house, chase a cat, get chased by a wee little fluffy dog, lots of bacon snacks (master of the grab-n-dash) and go swimming. He finally went to play with our other neighbors aussie dog, and *that* dog was happily eating bacon-snacks out of my hand...someone got all jealous and came close. WHAM caught him.


So he is home safe- thank god- and Southern States has ordered me a wireless dog fence- expensive- but I am NOT doing this again. I don't want anyone hit by a car or worse, I don't want to be late to work because I've been running through the woods, and I just don't need this kind of stress. I'll eat Ramen for another month or two to make up for it. Or something. Damn it, I get all pissed off because every time I try to save money it seems to vanish in a puff of stuff.


Argh. But I'm thankful that max is ok- very thankful, and I'm thankful that I can afford the fence right now, and that it is the writing test so I didn't have to be at school right off. Things work out.


And during our adventure, I found an abandoned house, an abandoned boat, a yellow golf ball, a white golf ball, wild daffodils, blooming carolina creeper and the most magical fallen down tree ever. I also got enough exercise for the next few months...thanks, max.

No comments: