Thursday, June 4, 2009

ArtHistory Final Exam-a-ganza




Now *this* was a fun exam. Favorite students with our 'non-politically-correct' lunch (everyone had to bring in a stereotypical food for their stereotyped selves) and presents for all. Plus- bonus, bonus- it was Sarah's birthday.


So we feasted on: Doughnuts, bagels and cream cheese, fresh strawberries and blueberries, burritos, brownies, sushi, tomato/cheese/meat sandwiches, pb & j sandwiches, hummus and crackers, coke, hot fried chicken... I think that was it... lots of food- we ate a bunch, watched 'Frankenstein' and Ariel taught us how to wrap bottles. Presents included tiny clay hippie mushrooms, little paintings, decorated boxes, magic candles, woven bracelets, painted jars, necklaces, drawings. Delicia's Mother made me the Virgin Mary statue, which will have a place of honor on my windowsill multi-cultural shrine.

I'll miss these kids. They are my students and my friends- some of them are graduating and going on with their lives, others I will see next year. I know they will do well and be fine- and we'll remember this always.
Cheers!

No comments: