Monday, June 15, 2009

Summerbook



The cover for this years summerbook- every summer for the past few years I keep a daily visual journal. It began a few years ago with watercolors of things I found on my daily beach walk with the doggs- a way to record my findings and practice painting with watercolors. The last two years it has been more erratic, documenting travels and just random things that caught my eye- I am more pleased with the earlier journals.

This year- because everything is so garden-centered right now, I am going to focus on botanicals (I think) but not quite the traditional format of the watercolor beach paintings.

Summers can be tricky- before they were balances between high expectations and the fun of travel, and the lows of being out of school- lots to do, but inertia that kept me from doing it...and a bit of depression over the 'time is flying and I have nothing done'. This summer will be different! I am going to be happy and active and enjoy everything- even days like this where I spent the whole day doing homework and taking a quiz (I got a 100! Yay me!) plus a nap of course... tomorrow we have lots of projects to tackle, a new busy exciting day to live in. And that is what summer should be- a new adventure everyday, a happy joy of activity with time to rest, create, and just be.

No comments: