Sunday, June 28, 2009

Textravangaza











Sue and Morgan, Theresa and Troy, Tom and Jake. Textravaganza: when the whole Texas clan gathers plus friends plus doggs plus doggs-of-friends. Mother was there, Sue and Tom, Theresa, Aaron and Sam, Dan and Casey, Troy-boy, Morgan and Jake (the twins), 5 of Sam's friends (I remember Ashley and Walker... not the other names...sorry), me, doggs Emma, Sidney and Tessa. Cats stayed sensibly hidden.
Lots of laughter and talking, babies swimming, reading, playing- Morgan showing off her first bra (Aunt Theresa is the bra-fairy for all of us!) and a wonderful feast: Steak, grilled shrimp, shrimp boil (shrimp, potatoes, corn, sausage all together), salad, rolls, twice baked potatoes, cold soda and beer, wines, corn dip and this wonderful raspberry-chipolata sauce dip stuff that I love!
Then on to Mothers which is always peaceful and beautiful, a good night's rest and off today to buy bananas... do some shopping, look around. It's a lovely Texas day, hot but there is a breeze and the sky is bright blue.
Grendel arrived home safely, but he and the man know I'm a guppy.... I called Grendel on the phone to see if he had landed. Boy says "Yes, but where is Charles? I've called home several times and there isn't an answer." So I go into full mum mode: Did you land at the right terminal? Where in the airport are you? Did you check the parking lot? I am worried about Esmeralda breaking down on the way, disasters.... I am busy trying to save the day, and boy says "There is a guy that needs to talk to you..." A deep serious voice comes on the phone "Ma'am'? This is airport security and I understand that this is your son. He says he is waiting for your boyfriend. Could you please describe him to me?" SO now I am thinking: Has Grendel been arrested? (long hair, international travel, shenanigans) Has Charles been in some horrible accident? (plane squashed the van, parking deck collapsed....) when he starts laughing. Once again, I fell for their tricks hook-line-and sinker. All I can say is there will be payback. Armadillo stew. Coyote crunchies. Chocolate covered tequila worms.... I'm planing! Still and all, they are safe and sound and made me laugh lots- I love them and miss them though they drive me crazy, this boy and manz o' mine!





























































































































Theresa and Troy, Tom and Jake, Sue and Morgan



Textravangaza is when the whole Texas clan gathers, plus friends, doggs and doggs of friends, and of course all the babies. Mother was there, Sue and Tom, Theresa, Sam and Aaron, Dan and Casey, the twins, Troyboy and five friends of Sam (I remember Ashley and Walker's names...but I can't remember the others- sorry!) and doggs Emma, Sidney and Tessa. Steak on the grill, shrimp boil (shrimp, sausage, corn, potatoes all cooked together outside), salad, rolls, twice baked potatoes, yummy corn dip stuff and this wonderful raspberry-chipolatas sauce stuff... heaven. Cold cokes and beer, wine- all the good things. Lots of laughter and playing and talking. Babies in the pool, reading, in the play room, Morgan dancing around in her first bra (way to cute!)






Then off to Mothers, beautiful and calm as always. The sun is coming in the balcony doors and it is a lovely day. Not so very hot (under 100!) and a bit of a breeze. We had cinnamon bread for breakfast and will go shopping this afternoon...






Grendel is safe-and-sound even though he and the manz gave me a heart attack! They know I am a guppy, so when I called Grendel to see if he was in yet, he said "Yeah, I'm here, but where is Charles?" I asked him if he called the house, boy says "Yeah, several times- " So I go into full-on mum mode, giving directions (Where in the airport are you? Did you check the parking lot? Did you land in Terminal two?.... Hoping that Esmeralda dabus didn't break down, trying to figure out how to save the day) Then the boy says, hold on, this guy needs to talk to you. A deep serious voice says "Mam? This is airport security and I understand that this is your son, and he is supposed to meet your boyfriend here at the airport. Could you please describe him to me?" SO now I really start mum mode wondering if Grendel has been scooped up by security and there is a problem (international flights, long hair, lots of technology...) or if something awful had happened to Charles (airplane landed on the van, accident...) when he starts laughing! Those rotten men-folk had cooked this up.... I was so relieved that I laughed and scolded and now have to plan a good pay-back..... hummmm.....armadillo stew? coyote crunchies?..... all is well, and I miss them and love them- rotten, rotten rotten manz and boy of mine!

No comments: