Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cookies!

There are few things as good as cookies... and the man loves cookies. I was feeling a bit guilty- yes, I did get up and do my school work and DPI work but then I took a long nap...followed by a shower... and setting up a new music playlist... while he took care of the garden/doggs, painted all the studio trim (before work), went to work and is bringing home the giant bookcase... work, work, work. So, I figured that some cookies would hopefully be a happy after-work treat.



I think that baking cookies is just about the first thing anyone learns how to do. I remember the kitchen at Headacher, making cookies out of the CookyBook with my sisters, learning how to follow the directions on the back of the Toll House package. Later on we found different recipes, but the Cooky Book is the absolute source for Christmas cookies- nothing else will do but chocolate crinkles, snickerdoodles, spritz and all the others. Even when we moved along to slice-n-bake and the new tray kind, it is not quite the same as making them from scratch. These cookies are not quite scratch- they are 'cheater cookies' made from combining cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, 2 eggs and whatever chips you want (for these I used cinnamon strusel mix and Heath toffee chips).



The manz is home and has pronounced them good- but would probably like it if I practice a bit more to be perfect!

No comments: