Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Teacher Torture



Once again, the state of NC stole 4 hours of my life. (No offense! Please don't fire me! I believe in NCLB... no, that's not *my* pants on fire...) Seriously, from 8:30 am until 12:30, all I did was stay in Crew's English room and proctor the exam. Which means: no bathroom, no drink, no sitting down, no doing anything but endlessly circling students who are attempting to take a test under these unbearable conditions. For FOUR hours! I counted flip flops, I counted kids-in-blue jeans, kids-n-plaid shorts, painted toenails (one set was this really odd shade of lavender).... I snuck looks out the window (gee... a lovely view of the air conditioner. you can only watch the little silver genie-hat thing spin around so many times). I tried to keep track of how many laps of room-walking I did but I lost count.... so...my thoughts drifted...

Apparently I was smiling off and on (someone commented)- now *why* would I be smiling? humm.... and I kept thinking about the house and all of the projects we have going- it's amazing, my little house's transformation. My coffee mug with the rose- Melissa gave me it, brought back from 'soup day' at the college because I am Rose Red after all (even though I seem to have acquired a Prince along the way)- anyway, the mug is the colors I want for the guest room floor. We acquired the colors- mismatched at Walmart in the discount paint- and the rose is perfect. The green I need to tweak a bit, it is to blue, to light, to cold. The floor will be mainly rose, Charles is doing a pattern with the green- stripes that I will paint on with roses and vines. Very magic-cottage.

(As a teaser, you can see a tiny bit of the porch transformation- the bright green under the railing... the porch is amazing but 'not to be posted please' until he is done.) The very very cool thing about all of this is that my home- which I get so defensive about- is transforming into our home. A product of love and creativity and good ideas, companionship and work. Our home. I LOVE that!

(it still needs a name tho....)

No comments: