Friday, January 2, 2009

Devil's in the Details



Sometimes I get caught up in the details of things- for instance, yesterday. I started cleaning the studio, decided that it would be keen to sort all the papers I use for collaging, ended up with drifts-of-crap all over the kitchen and studio. Some of it actually got sorted, but the major box ended up just being transferred into the largest two picnic baskets without any sorting... just a chore to lurk around the back of my head for another day.

And I have 3 days left of break- cleaning the house was supposed to take one day but I am now on day 3, haven't touched school work (which doesn't mean I don't worry about it) and have to get Grendel back to college, which involves more packing and washing and nagging. Hopefully his dad can meet me halfway so I don't have to do the 10 hours on an iffy tire... but his dad is sick so I probably will have to do it. I'll figure it out somehow.

It's harder this time to send him back- didn't realize how much I missed him until he came home for break. But back he goes (he is being a bit of a reluctant dragon) and I will soon settle back down into the routines of school.

This little metal devil came from the market in San Antonio- years ago, Mum, Grendel and I went down for a few days vacation. It was wonderful, we walked everywhere- Grendel was on a rib-kick and ate ribs everywhere we went, Mother and I discovered candied pumpkin which is splendid stuff. We had one of the best vacations ever-

No comments: