Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mug O'Joe


Coffee = lifeblood. What would I do without it? What would most of us do without it? I can see the world slowly grinding to a cranky halt while everyone takes a nap.... I am particular about coffee- the morning brew must be the extra-strength, kick-ass Mexican espresso that gets in your system and slaps you awake. Marvelous. Couple of cups of this and I am ready for most anything- even on mornings like today.
Today is cold...for coastal NC. (yes, I know, other people are sub zero and have snow to the roof- but here, below 40 is cause for huddling around the thermostat and breaking out real shoes instead of flip flops.) and not only is it cold, but I woke up sneezing (again!) about 2:30 am with the choice of 1. do I take a cold pill, stop sneezing, go back to bed and be sleepy-comatose for the next twelve hours or 2. sneeze, suffer, no sleep and be cranky and comatose for the next twelve hours? I took the pill, which required extra compensation via Mexican coffee, so am now in the pleasant state of kinda awake, kinda calm, and not sneezing-but drippy.
The cup is my current morning mug-of-choice, Crews at school gave it to me last year- it came with a glaze pen to decorate it with. All you do is draw and bake in the oven! So it has swirls and stars and skulls, my favorite quote "I keep mixing art and science and ending up with Magic" (Joe Strummer said that)...."Life is short, Art is Long"....."Pbin2Au" (Lead into Gold. I believe in Alchemy).... "Why ask Why? Why not Try?" and is my daily dose of liquid inspiration.

No comments: