Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tired Tiger


I acquired this tiger thing (cats seem to be a theme lately, eh?) at the auction a few weeks ago. I am not sure where it originated- the statue that was with it is a lovely Virgin Mary from Mexico, but this seems more like India to me- or it could be South American- but we have stripes not spots so I'm thinking tiger. And the eyes are painted like the other things from India that I have.

Don't you just love the expression? She (the tiger is decidedly a she. check out the 'lipstick') looks like she could be saying "uh, Yuck! I caught this thing, it tastes nasty, but it is trying to bite me, and is wrapped around my middle...what to do? what to do?" She will definitely win- at least in my world.

My friend at school, Shelby, was in India this fall- she taught in an orphanage and did workshops for teachers there. She highly recommends "Slumdog Millionaire" as an accurate portrayal of what it is like... will catch it on Netflix.

I would love to someday go to India... along with Japan, Ireland, Africa, Mexico, Haiti... just about anywhere. Someday I will.

No comments: