Thursday, January 15, 2009

house mouse


Cute, isn't it? Well, I didn't take the picture- I *did* take a picture of our capture-of-the-day, but it was all blurry, so I found this one on the net. I have mouse issues. We live in the country, our house is old and tumble-down, and I have doggs to feed.... therefore mice. What to do? I don't kill things, so snappy traps are out, as is poison which would hurt the doggs as well. I catch them in mice cubes- the no-kill traps that work really well- then I take them down the road to the woods and release them. Imagine being happy house mouse, warm and eating your fill of pilfered ramen noodles and dog food, to be suddenly scooped up and dumped in the wild. It's the whole mortgage crisis on a rodent scale.

1 comment:

barbie said...

house mouse mortage crisis!!
I absolutely love love love to read your blogs...brings a smile to my face each day. Always a trip down memory lane......