Friday, May 25, 2012

The Right Choice



Final collage from one of my art 1 students- and fair good advice.  Yesterday I channeled my upset into starting to clean and organize the school studio, but that was interrupted by a series of malfunctioning alarms that required evacuation, fire trucks and many minutes outside several times during the day.  Wiring malfunction- but they still had to have us all get outside and do the checks- better safe than sorry, and it actually was ok with me.  (Once again the coincidence that whenever I am raging, electronics of all sorts go haywire.  Related? Not?  have to admit that it is a bit odd- ) so basically I then gave up, worked in the new sketchbook some, cut some labels and just said 'yes' whenever anyone asked me a question.  And that was ok.  Then home for a long nap, hotdogs and beans, several episodes of 'Deadly Women' and a strawberry bomb.  Bedtime again, and sleeping under the electric blanket, safe and warm.

This morning I woke up with a bit of irritation again- I don't know why I am so prickly lately, but today is Dr. Mike day and I will at least talk it out somewhat- but that was alleviated by the good news of a camera! New to me, and a Kodak, not a DSL but a very good point-and-shoot that is decidedly a step up.  It just needs a few basic things- memory card and I will probably have to get a cord/back-up battery (it uses different types than my Canon)- and we shall be good to go.  A huge thanks for the generosity of others!  Not only is a good camera critical to my assorted jobs, but it is also how I record the world more and more- I love taking photos- they become small stories to save for later, documents of ideas, research, everything.  One of my favorite arts, and something I do not want to do without.  Again- thank-you!

Today is a short day- I leave at 1:30 to go to Wilmington. Relocating George to Grendel's apartment, seeing Dr. Mike (I need to- way to much irritability lately), doing Grendel stuff- maybe even a movie (we will probably compromise on the Avengers unless he has seen it- then I will lobby for Dark Shadows).  Charles was thinking of going along but has to work on call- he was out last night at 2 changing a tire and is sleeping on the sofa at the moment. I need to get myself together and off to school, art work to return, paperwork to endlessly do- and cleaning of course.  Then a bit of an adventure, a break- followed by a long weekend for thinking and doing and resting and (hopefully) indulging in a Game of Thrones marathon- especially if it gets rainy.....

No comments: