Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rusty Bucket


Bucket lists are all over the place- people make them as 'things to do before I die'...but I'm not planning on dying any time soon...with my genes I will be 100+ some, still paying off student loans, and happy to still be here and finding adventures.  (My back up retirement plan is to rob a bank- either I will get away with it and have no money troubles, or I will go to jail- not the most aesthetic place but free food/shelter/medical for what it's worth.  And I bet they will let me 'teach something') ...Seriously though, I am going to make a bucket list for summer.  Not a 'to-do' list so much, filled with chores and practicable sensible things- I have enough of those- but a list of fun things that I want to do, adventures that I want to have, positive, possibly impractical but do-it-non-the-less type things.  I am tired of chores and tasks and getting cranky at school and always being the responsible one who cleans up messes (huge piles of lumber @ school, dishes in the workroom sink, student's whose projects are not formatted correctly or need a 'last minute favor')...I want to have some fun, set some goals- some stars- to add to my personal sky.  So here goes~

This Summer I am Going To:

1.  Have an adventure with the Manz.  Not just the travelling to Texas, but adventures along the way, unexpected delights, and we are going to find some treasures.

2.  Have long sit-down early-morning coffee talks with my Mother, my Sisters and Melissa.  Just sitting and drinking and telling stories and memories.  No rushes, no hurries, no deadlines or getting to work or specific agenda....just the slow drift of conversation.

3. Go to the beach by myself- no doggs even- and hunt for treasures as long as I want to.  And sit in the sun and read and paint and draw...and not give a good goddamn about how I look in a swimsuit.

4.  Take Mr. Owens to the beach (even if I have to drag him)- we have never been there together, and I want to kiss him by the sea.

5.  Go to the mountains for the Highland games- it is a tradition, but also a time capsule: Boy's birthdays, bagpipes from other games long ago, the high green land where I used to live.

6. Paint on my porch- try new things, old things, not worry about if anyone would want it- just do what I wish, paint for myself, for fun, for no reason at all.

7. Movies with the boy.  Dark cool theater on hot summer days, candy smuggled in from World Market, talking while we wait.  Being silly.

8. Rescue the elephant if it is still there.

9.  The rest I will make up as I go along- but it will involve reading and naps, blender drinks and dogg walks, taking lots of pictures and writing when I want to.  Just relaxing, letting it go, letting it be- having fun. No worries, be happy, relax into myself- spend easy time with people I love, doing what I love, finding what I need.  I can't wait!

Btw: this is my 500th post on this blog- but whose counting as long as we are having fun!  Thank-you for joining me!

No comments: