Monday, February 16, 2009

Day of Complex Oddities



Daffodils, and this morning it is snowing. I was planning to take today off- a meeting at ECU with the professor that I'm the teaching assistant for, and the design prof that I had last semester- and I apparently have the flu. Or food poisoning. Or something that causes me to live in close proximity to the bathroom, have an anti-fever, and make very loud odd bodily noises. (To much information! It's tummy grumbles, but if they were made by the worlds largest bear)... an anti-fever is what happens when I am sick, I don't get hot I get cold. Right now my temp was 96.8 even though I am bundled up within an inch of my nose.... I need a snuggie!

So, anyway- my professor is leaving for some professor-thing that involves traveling about France and Italy for quite awhile, so it is rather critical that I attend this meeting... I need to know what all needs done while she is gone. As for the other one, I have papers to sign so my work can be displayed on the ECU website (yay!)....and it's snowing. and I have to get to school, make the sub-plans, drop off all the books and the desk I acquired at the auction (and I've misplaced my school keys)....we are all supposed to go out to lunch, but... I'm not exactly the best lunch-type company at the moment. and it's a two hour drive from school....without a lot of bathrooms en route. (I feel fine, just very cold/loud/moving quickly at appropriate times...and whiny. I whine when I'm not functioning well...) bleah. I'll figure it out.

In the meantime, there are daffodils in my bird bottle to cheer the day. Daffodils are blooming everywhere (hopefully the snow won't turn them all into mush). I love daffodils- the way they smell, that they dry so beautifully keeping their color and shape. I know of a field that is full of daffodils- I suppose once upon a time there was a house there- and I pick them shamelessly. I have them in my kitchen window, my bathroom, and a big vase full with bridal wreath. Lovely.

The blue bird bottle was a gift from Lily- a student- long ago. It belonged to her mother, and was originally an Avon bottle I think. The color is dark blue, but it is an odd dusky blue, not the cobalt found with usual bottles. The background is something I'm working on- a monopoly board painted and covered with Joss paper. Not sure what it is going to turn out like, but it will be magic goodness.

No comments: