Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Keys



Grendel lost his mailbox key- somewhere- so he has to pay for a replacement. He has the same problem with keys that I do- we like them, we find them, they flock to us unless they are one that we have to keep track of, then it sneaks away. Or doesn't work.

My car key- the ignition ones- are tricky- if you don't treat them nicely and turn them just so, they refuse to turn and the car won't start. I *know* this is probably a problem with the steering column key lock thing, but this *happens* with every car I've ever had.... and I don't have a bunch of stuff on my car key. Just the key.

House keys- long gone. I have no clue as to where my house key is, for this house. However, I have found the missing keys to the old house on Oak Island, Barbies back door, my ex mother-in-laws old house and my old classroom at Pender. My current school keys- which work when they feel like it- are permanently attached to my bag so I don't lose them.....

As for other keys- I have about 100 stray keys that I have found. Some of them are clustered together in the ring in the picture, others in a dish, others have found their way into art projects and wind chimes. (Keys make lovely wind chimes, if you like wind chimes.) Locking things annoys me but I do it anyway... but with my key luck I have developed quite a good lock-picking ability. After all, I always seem to have an over abundance of hairpins, and what else are you going to do with them?

No comments: