Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tranquility NOW!


It has been one of those days. You know, where you just get off on the wrong foot- trying to do something right, but it ends up throwing the whole day off course. End up tired and grouchy and eating fast food (like that is going to help!) and wishing yourself a million miles anywhere-but-here.
Well, it's not *that* bad... I had an essay to finish, so I did that before school. Which ate up my usual email/news/blog routine. Then school was three steps off all day- the tv refused to work, so they switched it out in the middle of class. Another teacher needed a bookworm poster *NOW*. Money to be turned in, a meeting with a parent (just ILP stuff), a huge paperwad fight while I was in the meeting with the parent, mystery marshmallow fluff on the keyboard of the computer....on and on and on.
Check the email at lunch and there is a nasty reminder to file for my financial aid- which means I have to do my taxes, not a problem but the bank sent the interest statement to the wrong address (this property has 2 addresses but only 1 mailbox) so it ended up back at the bank and they resent it....but it isn't here yet. I have got to get it, do the taxes, get it over with. Then more school stuff- this time college- discussion board discussions, mostly good but one that I didn't cite enough policy (reading governmental policy makes me want to rip my eyes out with toothpicks. That's why I'm an anarchist)...and sending Valentines- yes, Valentines- to my TA art appreciation class as reminders to get off their butts and post their discussion board assignments. I really do love work-school and school-school, but sometimes it would be nice to crawl under a rock and hibernate until...oh, let's say....mid June.
Ok. Enough of the ranting- but I do feel better. Ranting and french fries always do the trick. The fountain I acquired years ago when the school first opened- it used to be a proper fountain with water, quite nice. Soothing. Then they banned water. (Along with carpet, live plants, pets and other nice things.... so goodbye turtles, goodbye Aloe, goodbye throw-rug) Anyhoo, the fountain I kept- it's very Zen- and placed the brass bowl on top. I know that we have had that brass bowl forever- its partner is a brass lidded incense holder- I remember playing with them as a child. Mum had them on the Green bookcase at one point.... Now the bowl is filled with frosted red glass and sea salt, balanced on top a 'Salmon of Wisdom" carved out of buffalo horn. Right this moment, I could use a little wisdom, a long soak in a sea-salt bath and a few more fries.

No comments: