Friday, April 24, 2009

Babies


Under the dogwood tree in the front of the yarden purple flox is planted... and in that flox there is a nest of bunnies. I found them last week when I was taking the mail out- I startled mama and she ran off, then I heard something moving. Curious as always, I went to look- and there were 6 tiny squirmy baby bunnies. They were only out for a minute, then back into the bunny hole under the flox. It is a warm and soft nest lined with fur (bunny fur? shed bear fur?)... they are doing fine, getting bigger and braver. We check them every day after work, watch them stick little bunny noses out to sniff around. Adorable.
Yesterday more treasures from the chicken house! A mannequin hand with one finger missing, a skull of something (not a dog- cat shaped but large), a steel penny from 1943. Beautiful, lucky, strange, precious.
I love the oddest things...

No comments: