Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lucky Tiger


This is a lucky tiger! Another pirated picture (sorry folks) this time from an auction site in Alabama. Ive been thinking about Alabama lately and T- I can't wait to visit her this summer. Maybe there will be an auction nearby or yardsaleing- we always have such fun!
I love Teresa (but I can never remember if it is Theresa or Teresa or how to spell it... but that's ok because I can spell 'T'). She makes the coolest things, always making something, always has interesting stuff around. and gutchies. and Teresa chicken, which is wonderful stuff. Seriously one of the best cooks ever, even makes gobs from scratch (mmmmmgobsmmmmm)... but even more so she is just happy and fun and has a heart as big as the world.
Alabama is one of my favorite places, it is about the *greenest* place on the planet. We get all dusty olive in the summer here, and Texas turns kinda brown, but Alabama has this deep dark jungly green that creeps up on you. There are secrets in the trees, in the tumble down houses hidden way out in places like Opp. In dark towns like Reston, where schools and stores crumble to dust. (I hope I can get my photos off Data... I have great pictures of Reston, abandoned schools and stores and houses. An almost-ghost town)
I like almost ghosts, and ghosts. Heavy spring rain and trees full of vines, soggy snoring doggs and company in the evening. It's kinda quite, and cosy, and nice. I like nice.

No comments: