Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The sun is shining



the azaleas are blooming, the yarden a glory of color. I have got to mow...if I can ever get away from the computer. Seriously, not to complain, but I haven't worked this hard since I did boards over spring break ten years ago.

Writing. Grading. Driving between home (comfy) and school (printer/big computer). Eating raspberry danish (mum thinks he is 'smitten' since he brought me danish! yay!)

Mind is like a rubber band- focus focus on medieval anatomical illustrations (they thought the oddest things...and wrote all the medical books in verse) focus focus on grading the freshmen papers from the TA class (ECU rehired me as a TA for next year AND I got into the virtual reality class! YAY!) then the nagging back mind focus on gee...the gaming paper is due Monday (not as long though) the Hispanic paper due Friday week, plus have 2 diversity essays and 3 transcriptions of discussions to do... 72 discussion board posts to grade... flowerpots to paint (by Friday), doctors appointment (tomorrow- so she will refill my prescriptions so I shan't be cranky or tired), need to/want to clean the carpet, work in the yarden, auction on Saturday (I don't *have* to go...but I want to, and I want to see if I can bribe Doc into reading my anatomical paper or letting me take photos of his collection... he's a mighty crumudegon though...) Charles is coming over tonight (YAY!) and I've been neglecting the poor, poor doggs. Though Max is happy because he is sleeping in a cloud of pink flowers that bloomed just for him. Happy Max!!!!

Ok. All that venting made me feel better. Actually, I accomplished quite a bit so far today- laundry, mopped and vacuumed up muddy muddy paw prints, knocked out a good 5 pages of the anatomical paper (the APA style is slowing me down. Change one thing and you have to reformat the whole bloody page). Read and graded 25 papers, downloaded and printed 50 more. Avoided bad snacks. Took pictures of flowers in the yarden, washed my hair (it's getting long again- finally!) and am ready to leave school, go home... paint some flower pots. Put together the lawn mower. (I know- Charles *could* do it but I *like* to do things myself. It's a boundary).

and the sun is shining, tomorrow is supposed to be warmer again... may just get up uber early so I can stay and work in the yarden after I go to the doctor's... I need some fresh air and sunshine, pink flowers and a time-out.

No comments: