Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bad Bear. Bad, bad, bad bear.



Doesn't she look sorry? All innocent and sorry? Not to mention slightly tired? I don't know what got into her last night/ this morning- but she was wound up tighter than a watch on Christmas.

Everyone else had a long day, was tired- worked hard, I did tons of homework, Charles brought home a bucket of cool old bottles that I just had to investigate- but it was an early night. Delusions of resting after the excitement of the past few days.... then suddenly, unexpectedly, without any warning....BAD BEAR.

scratch, scratch. I want out. scritch scratch I want in. Woof I'm hungry. Woof I'm thirsty. Now I need out again. Ok...it's raining and you forgot me so I am going to wedge my head into the bedroom window and whine. whine. whine. whine. YAY! I'm in! I'm going to jump on the bed with muddy muddy paws! (oh no your not!) uhoh, banished to the living room. (tired Max sigh. You can imagine. 'we sleep out here now, so shut up and get over it and no, you can't have the couch.) pace, pace, pace...uhoh YARD MONSTERS! ALERT! MUST GO OUT NOW!!!! woof woof woof. and on and on and on... like a restless two year old.

When I finally gave up and got up, she tried to steal my toast, did steal my rainbows (recovered unharmed) and then decided to do some early morning 'drawing' with markers. (also recovered unharmed, just soggy).... now she is outside, but still going strong- chasing Max around the yard- happy little yips. Wish I had some of that energy...it's off to school for earth-day extravaganza: 'campus clean-up' and all I want to do is nap. Maybe I'll send the kids off with their trash bags and go sleep in the back seat of my car....tempting....

No comments: