Friday, April 10, 2009

Missing Thursday


I missed yesterday- first day ever! I didn't go into school, and while I did grade papers and go to the doctor I ended up taking the rest of the day off. Charles came over around lunch time, and we ended up just hanging out, going to walmart, riding around and the like... I really needed the break but now I have to play 'ketchup' and focus, focus today.
sigh. All I really want to do is clean the house and work in the yarden...of course, I realise that if I had to do that, all I would want to do is write papers. But I am determined- what needs done must be done and no good fairy is going to come along and do it for me.
What I need is a Heloise. I've been reading one of her books that I acquired at yardsale or auction, I used to love reading her newspaper column. She is always so positive and perky-odd, solves every problem with a combination of mesh net and turkey leftovers. A page or two and I am inspired to pour baking soda down the sink, make a casserole with soup, do odd things with vacuum bags. (of course, my vacuum doesn't need bags, but still). Sometimes I wouldn't mind travelling back to the time of Heloise-land, where I could have bridge and cocktails, feed the family with Velvetta and Vienna sausages (which were apparently suitable for appetizers for fancy parties... Sister Sue just had a wine-cheese party, bet the guests would of croaked if served Vienna sausages with Velveeta fondue and saltines)
Actually- that would be a wonderful April Fools! Invite people over for a 'nice' dinner or party and then pull out the scary retro foods. Hawaiian Spam kebabs. Tuna Balls. Jello molds bigger than your head- remember to add food color for extra vibrancy!

No comments: