Monday, April 6, 2009

WAHHHHH!!!!!



Sorry for the crappy picture. I am using destiny (the school's netbook) and it hasn't an editing program other than paint...which hasn't changed since, oh, computers were invented? cranky. cranky. cranky.

The picture is of Data, my big dell computer. Data has been with us since 2002, has had serious modifications courtesy of the monster, and is an awesome computer all together. BUT Data is sick. sick. sick. I'm thinking the configure worm- even though I downloaded every up grade, ran every program, *never* open attachments...except the papers that I had to grade for my TA class...the papers and the images. The worm could of piggybacked on one of these but I DID EVERYTHING I WAS SUPPOSED TO!!!!! including writing my paper- which is on data somewhere. And yes, I backed it up, but the worm can also transfer via jump drive, so... scratch the backup, toss the jumpdrive (which I just bought!) say all the bad words and bring me a beer.

I worked on Data for four hours before work this morning- I finally got him to the point that he would load windows again... he wouldn't recognize the spybot programs, the ad aware programs, started running the virus check found two bundles then froze. After work I had to get it back to the safe mode, trying system restore from there, won't do that either. Is blocking me from the shells, irritating the mess out of me. At least Dan @ work is letting me keep destiny this week- Grendel has ev at SCAD. Of course I have 3 PAPERS due and all my research/notes is on data- along with my 20 kazillion pictures I've taken....sigh. I can recreate the papers, go into school to type (if the powers back...yeah, we had 'wind problems' today...) or knock them out with destiny if need be. (I'm getting the hang of a tiny keypad). ... I just really want the image files off Data's hard drive- they are irreplaceable and (of course) I don't have backups. And I can't take them again- my art is sold, Grendel is grown up, the dogs are gone and most of the buildings have been torn down... (and now I'm sad).... sigh. and I haven't budgeted for a computer but I need one for school. These little netbooks are great, but they haven't the muscle for the digital imaging programs or the virtual reality course that I am going to take this fall. I need to be able to multitask, run adobe without it freezing up, and program. whine whine whine.

What Pope did I kill in a past life?

No comments: